HomeOur PurposeMembers PageOur HistoryThe Early YearsOur PrincipalsAlumni Event 2013Class GraduatesNewsletterSenior DiscountsEvents CalendarBusiness PartnersDonationsScholarshipsContact Us

PrincipalsPhotos/waHolmes.jpg

      In 1934, W. A. Holmes took over the principalship. Soon, after Mr. Holmes became principal, a gift of two acres of land was presented to the school by Mr. and Mrs. George B. Dryden. Parents, teachers, and students cooperated in the improvement of the school’s appearance. Shrubbery was placed around the buildings, flowers were planted on the grounds, and drives were lined with hedges. An old bus shed was converted into a classroom to make room for the reinstated and rapidly expanding agriculture program. During this time a fourteen-room teachers’ home was built on the campus, and a vocational agriculture building and classroom were added. The old school building was renovated and the construction of a new plant begun. A beauty parlor, a barber shop, and a cannery were built. 
   In spite of very urgent needs, today’s Eastman has an enrollment of nearly six hundred pupils and a faculty of fourteen teachers. The farm training and trade programs furnish instruction to more than one hundred veterans. With the promise of a new physical plant becoming a reality, the Eastman of the future will be even better prepared to meet the needs of today’s youth.